Английский язык - второй семестр
Список вопросов к тесту №10
Выберите подходящее по смыслу слово.
- A geophysicist is a scientist who studies both geology and physics. A bank holiday is a day when almost everyone has the day off.
- An MPLS node is a point where v a connection may be made to an MPLS network.
- A LAN is a network in an office or home which links different computers together.
- Atelecommunications manager is someone who is in charge of the PBX and IT at a company. CAT5 cabling is a kind of wire which you can use to carry Internet signals.
- Asatellite phone is a kind of phone which v connects by sending a signal up to a satellite in space.
- An Internet cafe is a place where you can go to check your emails on holiday..
Укажите номера предложений с бессоюзными придаточными предложениями.
- a. It was stated the conclusion was right.
- b. The business lets customers manage their sales data.
- c. Cybercrime is crime committed with the help of computers.
- d. I think they will complete their research on time. e. The new microcomputer we purchased doesn’t have a Fortran compiler.
- f. The approach means it is virtually impossible for the entire Net to crash at once.
- g. Cellular telephone systems are now providing subscribers with reliable mobile telephone services.
- h. Many computer operating systems allow the user to install or create any user interface they desire..
Укажите номера предложений, которые нужно переводить «если бы то бы».
- a. Don’t expect users to report problems to you unless the issues are severe.
- b. If network operators aren’t already addressing these challenges, they should be.
- c. If we lost power, our own back-up power systems would start.
- d. Should anything terrible occur at least you would have a copy of all your data in another place.
- e. The system will fail to perform unless the requirements are satisfied.
- f. Given reliable data, it was possible to determine the reaction rate. X
- g. Were there a problem with one of the servers we would isolate it and change it straightaway.
- h. If someone tries to call you, the tower sends your phone a message over the control channel..
Выберите правильный перевод подчеркнутого слова.
- Their computation on a digital computer is efficient since only logical expressions and elementary algebraic functions are involved. these two methods will require completely different control structures, the techniques used will not be very different.
- As the cathode is heated, electron activity increases and electrons escape across the vacuum to the anode.
- However many times the experiment was repeated the result was always the same.
- The concept in this simplified diagram is not new, since
- The device may be relied upon, for is of the latest design.
- For this method to be valuable it must be improved.
- An electric current can be described as electric charge in motion. emission of electrons from the surface of a heated cathode is a process long used in electron tubes..